Monday, January 2, 2012

0013 CD packaging : Autechre’s Quaristice

Autechre’s Quaristice
Autechre’s Quaristice was made entirely with steel
Limited to 1000 copies ;limited edition steel packaging for Autechre’s 9th album.

The packaging design is by The Designers Republic and I don’t there is another company that could sell this packaging design into a client or another band like Autechre that would buy it. Looking at the cover and then being told it’s a TDR piece you say “oh yeah I can see that”. Not knocking their work (big balls to do that) but it fits their M.O if you know what I mean.

If I had to describe the album cover to a blind person I’d say it's as if a chronic stutterer were in court and the court reporter was transcribing their testimony verbatim with white san serif type on a flat blue background.
http://sleevage.com/autechre-quaristice-limited-edition/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...